Legal Document (fragment).
- Legal Document (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1490 and 1499].
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a contract concerning land near Bruneck, a description in Latin of the damage to Mohammed's tomb in Mecca by a storm in 1481, and an account of the coronation of Emperor Maximilian I at Aachen in 1486, written in southern German dialect.
Decoration: the first word of the document ("Ich") is enlarged, with the initial "I" trailing down the margin of the entire text; there is no punctuation.
In German and Latin.
Script: written in a cursive gothic script (littera cursiva) in a hand similar to that of the scribe who wrote the document in MS 482.144.
The fragment was used as a flyleaf in the back cover of Beinecke Library, Zi +4486, copy 2; the flyleaf was removed from the binding before 1946, when the incunable was acquired by Yale.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 177 x 286 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.143
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Legal Document (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information