Legal Document (fragment).
- Legal Document (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1490 and 1499].
- Publication Place
- Enneberg, Tyrol,
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a legal document containing a document concerning tenure of land; an account of the election of Maximilian, Archduke of Austria and Duke of Burgundy, as Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire in 1486; and a brief description of how one is to celebrate the feast of a newly canonized saint.
Decoration: the document begins with a flourished initial; there is no punctuation.
In German and Latin.
Script: written in cursive gothic script (littera cursiva), similar to that of the scribe who wrote the document in MS 482.143.
The fragment was used as the front flyleaf in the binding of Beinecke Library, Zi +4486, copy 2; it was taken out of the volume before 1946, when the book was acquired by Yale.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 286 x 205 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.144
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Legal Document (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information