Noted Missal (fragment).
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Noted Missal (fragment).
- Noted Missal (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1490 and 1510].
- Publication Place
Manuscript fragment on parchment of a noted missal containing the Ordo missae.
Decoration: one 9-line initial "P" on fol. 1r in varying shades of blue with foliate decoration on white filigree; in the loop of the letter a peacock in blue and grey with green and gold feathers stands underneath a red rose; the text on the recto is bordered on all four sides and in the center margin with a gold band filled with blue diamons alternating with circles filled with flowers; musical notation is in black on 4-line staves in red; punctuated with the punctus; hyphenation is in the same ink as the text.
Gift of Henrietta C. Bartlett in 1954. According to De Ricci, the leaf was given to Bartlett by Beverly Chew, who gave another leaf from the same manuscript to Mrs. W. Lanman Bull of New York (see De Ricci, 2:1668).
Script: written in a formal gothic script (littera textualis formata) without feet on the minims.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 411 x 292 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 483.1
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--Spain--15th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Spain--16th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Noted Missal (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)
- More Information