Book of Hours (fragment).
- Book of Hours (fragment).
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a Book of Hours (in Latin with rubrics partially in French), containing: an unidentified office; St. Laurence (10 August); St. Nicholas (6 November); and St. Catharine of Alexandria (25 November).
Decoration: 2-line initials in gold on a blue ground decorated with white filigree; initials filled with red and decorated with white filigree; 1-line initials are in black highlighted with yellow; rubrics written in red in the same script as the text; punctuated with the punctus; hyphenation is in the same ink as the text; the outer margin is modestly decorated with vine tendrils in black with green and gold leaves and blue, red, and pink flowers and berries.
Gift of Henrietta C. Bartlett in 1954.
In Latin and French.
Script: written in two sizes of gothic script (littera textualis formata).
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 165 x 122 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 483.2
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--France--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Prayers and devotions
- Subject (Topic)
Books of hours.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Book of Hours (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information