- Initial (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1390 and 1410].
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of an initial; De Ricci records two manuscript numbers for this fragment; however, it contains only one initial.
Decoration: initial "N" in light pink decorated with white foliate patterns around the outer edge of the letter and white dots around the inner edge; the ends of the letter terminate in green and yellow; the letter is on a gold geometric ground that is outlined in black and filled with green, pink, and red leaves attached to a blue vine and with balls that are half white and half blue or green.
Gift of Henrietta C. Bartlett in 1954.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 68 x 80 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 483.6-7
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--Italy--14th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Italy--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Initial (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information