Initials (from a Psalter) (fragment).
- Initials (from a Psalter) (fragment).
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of two initials that come from the same Psalter; for a further description of the manuscript from which they came, see Beinecke MS 483.11-14.
Decoration: two 2-line initials "L" and "H" in blue decorated with foliate ornamentation outlined in brown and colored with green; the initials are for the beginning of Psalm verses.
Gift of Henrietta C. Bartlett in 1954.
Script: One letter "o" is preserved following the "H", written in gothic script in black ink.
- ff. 1-2 (two fragment) : parchment ; 35 x 30 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 483.8-9
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--England--13th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Initials (from a Psalter) (fragment) General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information