Initials (from a Psalter) (fragment).
- Initials (from a Psalter) (fragment).
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of initials from a variety of Psalms; it appears these initials come from the same manuscript as the initials in Beinecke MS 483.8-9.
Decoration: four 3-line initials from the beginning of Psalms; the first two initials are blue uncials on a square pink ground bordered in greeen; the second two are pink uncials on a square blue ground bordered in green; all four initials are filled with gold in which there are pink, green, or blue vines with white, yellow, or pink flowers; these initials are very similar in design, decoration, and size to the initials in MSS 483.8-9; punctuated with the punctus and punctus elevatus; hyphenation is in the same ink as the text.
Gift of Henrietta C. Bartlett.
Script: written in gothic script (littera textualis).
- ff. 1-4 (four fragments) : parchment ; 44 x 45 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 483.11-14
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--England--13th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Initials (from a Psalter) (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information