- Sacramentary (fragment).
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a sacramentary containing prayers for an unidentified Mass.
Decoration: 2- and 3-line initials alternate red with blue penwork and blue with red penwork; rubrics written in red minuscule; punctuated with the punctus and punctus elevatus.
Script: written in gothic script (littera textualis).
The fragment was used as a flyleaf in the binding of another volume from which there are remnants of a sowing string; gift of Henrietta C. Bartlett in 1954, who acquired it from E.H. Dring in June 1923.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 141 x 206 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 483.16
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--England--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Sacramentary (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information