Noted Breviary, use of Sarum (fragment).
- Noted Breviary, use of Sarum (fragment).
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a noted breviary, use of Sarum, containing a variety of feriae from the third week of Advent.
Decoration: 2-line initials are in blue with red penwork or in black with black penwork; 1-line initials are in black; rubrics are written in red minuscule; punctuated with the punctus; hyphenation is in the same ink as the text; musical notation is in black on 4-line staves in red.
In the sixteenth century the leaf was used in a binding of a book with the title "The revenues of lands in Essex and Suffolk Late B[?]"; this inscription is similar to a contemporary one on MS 483.16; gift of Henrietta C. Bartlett.
Script: written in gothic script (littera textualis).
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 222 x 331 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 483.17
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--England--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Noted Breviary, use of Sarum (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information