- Antiphonary (fragment).
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of an antiphonary containing Feria V throughout the year.
Decoration: the 6-line initial "M" at the beginning of the Psalm is in gold, on a square ground of blue decorated with white filigree; the inside of the initial depicts a good-quality image of David kneeling against a mauve background and looking up to the hand of god; 1-line initials at the beginning of Psalm verses and antiphons alternate in red and blue uncials; rubrics written in red capitals; punctuated with the punctus and punctus elevatus; musical notation is in black on 4-line staves in red.
Gift of Henrietta C. Bartlett in 1954.
Script: written in a formal, rounded Italian gothic script (littera textualis formata).
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 352 x 268 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 483.18
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Italy--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Antiphonary (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information