- Antiphonary (fragment).
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of an antiphonary containing Saturday throughout the year.
Decoration: the 7-line initial "D" at the beginning of the Psalm is in light tan and gold on a square ground in blue with white filigree; the inside of the initial contains a miniature that is badly rubbed, depicting Christ holding a book on a mauve ground; the first line of the Psalm is written in 1-line white capitals on a rectangular red ground; guide letters for the artist are in the margin in red; 1-line initials are black capitals highlighted with red; punctuated with the punctus and punctus elevatus; hyphenation is in the same ink as the text; musical notation is in black on 4-line staves in red.
Gift of Henrietta C. Bartlett in 1954.
Script: written in a formal, rounded Italian gothic script (littera textualis formata).
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 362 x 268 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 483.19
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Italy--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Antiphonary (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information