Book of Hours (Office of the Dead) (fragment).
- Book of Hours (Office of the Dead) (fragment).
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- France or Low Countries,
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a book of hours (Office of the Dead).
Decoration: the 2-line initial at the beginning of the Psalm and the 1-line initials at the beginning of Psalm verses are in gold on a ground that alternates between red with blue penwork and blue with white penwork; the interior of letters on the red ground are filled with blue and white penwork, and the interiors of those on blue ground are filled with red and blue penwork; 1-line initials at the beginning of chants are in brown; rubrics written in red in the same script as the text; punctuated rarely with the punctus; hyphenation is in the same ink as the text.
Gift of Henrietta C. Bartlett in 1954. The fragment is not listed in De Ricci.
Script: written in two sizes of gothic script (littera textualis formata), with a larger script for the canticle and Psalm and a smaller script for the chants.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 169 x 125 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 483.21
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--Belgium--15th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--France--15th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Netherlands--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Prayers and devotions.
- Subject (Topic)
Books of hours.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Book of Hours (Office of the Dead). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information