Commentaries on the Psalms (fragment).
- Commentaries on the Psalms (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1100 and 1110].
- Publication Place
- France or Italy,
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of the commentaries of Arnobius the Younger and Jerome on the Psalms.
Decoration: 2- and 3-line initials at the beginning of each commentary are in red uncials; they are frequently decorated with balls or cross-hatching; 1-line initials are in brown uncials with occasional use of rustic capital forms; the first several words of each commentary are written in brown rustic capitals; punctuated with the punctus, punctus elevatus, and punctus versus; hyphenation is in the same ink as the text; accents were added by a later hand.
Gift of Edmund T. Silk; purchased from Kraus in 1948.
Script: written in Caroline minuscule.
- ff. 1-2 : parchment ; 299 x 209 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 484.1
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--France--12th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Italy--12th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Commentaries on the Psalms (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information