South German Homiliary (fragment).
- South German Homiliary (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 825 and 850].
- Publication Place
- Southern Germany (?),
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a copy of the South German Homiliary containing parts of Homily II.
Decoration: the homily on fol. 1v begins with a 3-line initial "T" outlined in orange and filled and surrounded with brown; 1-line initials are in orange uncials and are set apart from the text between the double vertical bounding lines; punctuated with the punctus and punctus versus.
Gift of Thomas E. Marston; purchased from Kraus in 1948; the leaf was earlier in the possession of E. von Scherling (Leiden); other leaves from this manuscript are preserved in Beinecke MS 482.4 (1 leaf) and elsewhere (see full description).
Script: written in Caroline minuscule, which Bischoff (on the basis of his inspection of other leaves of the same manuscript) dated to the second quarter of the ninth century.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 214 x 154 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 484.2
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--9th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- South German Homiliary (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information