Ars Laureshamensis, Expositio in Donatum maiorem (fragment).
- Ars Laureshamensis, Expositio in Donatum maiorem (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 990 and 1010].
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of the Ars Laureshamensis, Expositio in Donatum maiorem, an anonymous commentary on Donatus's Ars maior; the portion here is on part II of Donatus's grammar.
Decoration: 1-line initials are brown rustic capitals; punctuated with the punctus and punctus interrogativus; double quotation marks are within the text.
Gift of the Yale University Library Associates; purchased from Kraus in 1948.
Script: written in Caroline minuscule.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 284 x 210 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 484.4
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--Italy--10th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Italy--11th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Donatus, Aelius.--Ars grammatica--Commentaries.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Ars Laureshamensis, Expositio in Donatum maiorem (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information