De syllogismo categorico, De differentiis topicis (fragment).
- De syllogismo categorico, De differentiis topicis (fragment).
- Boethius, -524.
- Published / Created
- [between 1150 and 1199].
- Publication Place
- N. France or Germany,
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of Boethius' De syllogismo categorico and De differentiis topicis.
Decoration: 2- and 3-line initials at the beginning of each section are red; 1-line initials are brown rustic capitals; the explicit is written in brown rustic capitals with some use of uncial and minuscule forms; there are nine diagrams, one outlined in red; punctuated with the punctus.
Script: written in a highly abbreviated, late Caroline script.
The fragment was used as a pastedown in the binding of another volume; gift of Clarence W. Mendell; purchased from Karus in 1948.
- ff. 1-2 : parchment ; 225 x 160 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 484.5
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--France--12th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--12th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
Boethius,---524.--De differentiis topicis.
Boethius,---524.--De syllogismis categoricis
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Boethius, De syllogismo categorico, De differentiis topicis (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information