Historiae Alexandri Magni (fragment).
- Historiae Alexandri Magni (fragment).
- Curtius Rufus, Quintus.
- Published / Created
- [between 1390 and 1410].
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of Quintus Curtius Rufus' Historiae Alexandri Magni.
Decoration: 1-line initials are brown capitals; there are brief notes on the text written in the margin in a cursive humanistic script of the fifteenth century; punctuated with the punctus.
Gift of the Yale University Library Associates; purchased from Kraus in 1948; the bifolium was used as the wrapper for another volume; a large number of miscellaneous pen trials, notes, and jottings are represented in the margins of the fragment.
Script: written in rounded gothic bookhand (gothico-humanistica).
- ff. 1-2 : parchment ; 307 x 211 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 484.7
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Geographic)
- Greece--History--Macedonian Expansion, 359-323 B.C.--Historiography.
- Subject (Name)
Alexander,--the Great,--356 B.C.-323 B.C.
Curtius Rufus, Quintus.--Historia Alexandri Magni.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Quintus Curtius Rufus, Historiae Alexandri Magni (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information