Homiliae xl in evangelia (fragment).
- Homiliae xl in evangelia (fragment).
- Gregory I, Pope, ca. 540-604.
- Published / Created
- [between 1100 and 1150].
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of Gregory the Great's Homiliae xl in evangelia.
Decoration: At the beginning of Homily 4 (fol. 2r) there is a 3-line initial "C" sketched, but not completed, in brown ink with foliate decoration; it may be a later addition; 1-line initials are brown uncials; the rubrics for Homily 4 and its lesson are written in red minuscule mixed with uncial forms, with red line-filler; there are no initials or rubrics for the beginning of each lesson; punctuated with the punctus, punctus elevatus, and punctus interrogativus; hyphenation is in the same ink as the text; accents were added by a later hand; on fol. 2v there are three interlinear Latin glosses in a fifteenth-century hand; other fifteenth-century hands have added marginal notations and figures of heads on fols. 7v-8r.
Gift of the Yale University Classical Club; purchased from Kraus in 1948.
Script: written in late Caroline minuscule.
- ff. 1-8 : parchment ; 266 x 192 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 484.9
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--France--12th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Gregory--I,--Pope,--approximately 540-604.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Gregory the Great, Homiliae xl in evangelia (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information