Passionary (Passio S. Cassiani) (fragment).
- Passionary (Passio S. Cassiani) (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 990 and 1010].
- Publication Place
- Southern Italy,
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a passionary containing two lives of St. Cassian.
According to V. Brown, another leaf from this manuscript is preserved in Sweet Briar (Virginia) College Library, MS 2; the Beinecke fragment was used as the wrapper of another volume; gift of the Yale University Library Associates; purchased from Kraus in 1948; the leaf was earlier sold by E. von Scherling (Leiden).
Decoration: the Prudentius life is written in poetic stanzas; six-line decorated initial is outlined in brown; 1-line initials are brown uncials; punctuated with the punctus, punctus elevatus, and punctus versus.
Script: written in Beneventan script.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 413 x 308 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 484.15
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--Italy--10th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Italy--11th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
Catholic Church--Prayers and devotions.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Passionary (Passio S. Cassiani). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information