Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Homiliary (fragment).
- Homiliary (fragment).
- Paul, the Deacon, approximately 720-799?, author.
- Published / Created
- [between 1100 and 1110].
- Publication Place
Manuscript fragment on parchment of Paul the Deacon's Homiliary.
Decoration: 7-line initial "L" is in red, the horizontal stroke decorated with two round balls; 1-line initials are brown uncials; rubrics are written in red in the same script as the text, but in a larger module; punctuated with the punctus.
Script: written in Caroline minuscule.
The fragment was used as a wrapper to keep notarial documents; it bears the dates "1529 usque 1534"; gift of the Yale University Library Associates; purchased from Kraus in 1948.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 493 x 330 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 484.16
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Italy--12th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Paul the Deacon, Homiliary (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)
- More Information