Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Homiliary (fragment).
- Homiliary (fragment).
- Paul, the Deacon, approximately 720-799?, author.
- Published / Created
- [between 1140 and 1160].
- Publication Place
Manuscript fragment on parchment of Paul the Deacon's Homiliary.
Decoration: on fol. 1r there is a fine 7-line decorated initial "E" in yellow filled with red geometric penwork on a ground of blue, green, and dark red, with four vine stems originating from the lower bar of the "E"; a guide letter appears in the margin opposite the decorated initial; 1-line initials are black uncials; rubrics written in red uncials; punctuated with the punctus; hyphenation and accents were added by a later hand.
Script: written in late Caroline minuscule.
The fragment was folded in half and used as a flyleaf (upper portion) and pastedown (lower portion) in another volume; scraps from a late twelfth- or early thirteenth-century manuscript that were also used in the binding are preserved glued onto this fragment; gift of the Yale University Library Associates; purchased from Kraus in 1948.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 503 x 386 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 484.17
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Italy--12th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Paul the Deacon, Homiliary (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)
- More Information