Bible, Genesis (fragment).
- Bible, Genesis (fragment).
- Alternative Title
- Bible. O.T. Genesis
- Published / Created
- [between 1150 and 1199].
- Publication Place
- France or Switzerland,
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of the biblical book of Genesis and Jerome's Epistula ad Paulinum.
Decoration: the preface on fol. 2r begins with a 10-line decorated initial "D" in red interlace on a green geometric ground with a blue ground for the central portion of the vine stem; the text of Genesis begins with a half-page decorated initial "I" in the same style; 1-line initials in the prefatory material are occasionally red; line fillers are in red; rubrics are written in red in the same script as the text; accents added by a later hand; punctuated with the punctus, punctus elevatus, and punctus interrogativus; hyphenation is in the same ink as the text.
Script: written in two sizes of gothic bookhand (littera textualis).
The fragment was used as the outside wrapper for the binding of another volume; gift of the Yale University Library Associates; purchased from Kraus in 1948.
- ff. 1-2 : parchment ; 422 x 340 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 484.18
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--France--12th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Switzerland--12th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Jerome,--Saint,---419 or 420.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Bible, Genesis (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information