Bible, Sirach (fragment).
- Bible, Sirach (fragment).
- Alternative Title
- Bible. O.T. Apocrypha. Ecclesiasticus
- Published / Created
- [between 1100 and 1150].
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of the biblical book of Sirach; the text includes the headings for chapters LXXXII through LXXXVII.
Decoration: 3- to 7-line initials are red uncials; 1-line initials are black uncials; chapter headings are written in red minuscule in a larger module; punctuated with the punctus, punctus elevatus, punctus versus, and punctus interrogativus; hyphenation added by a later hand.
Gift of the Yale University Library Associates; purchased from Kraus in 1948.
Script: written in a late Caroline minuscule.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 424 x 317 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 484.19
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Italy--12th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Bible, Sirach (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information