- Gradual (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [15--]; [between 1890 and 1910].
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a gradual containing the Fourth Sunday of Advent; the decorations have been added in modern times.
Decoration: the parchment and writing appear to be from the sixteenth century, but the decoration was added in modern times; there is a 2-line initial "U" in blue, green, and purple on a gold ground and containing the figure of an angel striking a tambourine; foliage decorations in the same colors as the initial extend from the initial into the left margin; punctuated with the punctus.
Script: written in a formal gothic bookhand (littera textualis formata), with musical notation in black on a four-line staff in red.
The fragment is pasted onto stiff cardboard; gift of E.P. Adair, 1960.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 565 x 377 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 485.1
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Italy--16th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Gradual (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information