- Breviary (fragment).
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Northern Italy,
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a breviary containing Feria II throughout the year, lauds.
Decoration: the 2-line initial "S" at the beginning of the hymn is in olive-green, green, and red with white filigree and is filled with purple, blue, and red foliage decorated with white filigree; the initial is on a gold ground outlined in black and is surrounded by green, blue, and orange foliage that extends into the margin with gold balls; 1-line initials alternate blue and red; rubrics written in red in the same script as the text; punctuated with the punctus, punctus elevatus, and punctus flexus; hyphenation is in the same ink as the text.
Gift of James T. Babb, 1957.
Script: written in a formal gothic bookhand (littera textualis formata).
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 565 x 377 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 485.2
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Italy--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Breviary (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information