- Antiphonary (fragment).
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of an antiphonary containing St. Cecilia (22 November).
Decoration: musical notation in black on a five-line staff in red; on the recto there is a 2-line initial "C" in red and blue on a rectangular ground of red and blue penwork; the 2-line initial "E" on the verso and the 1-line initials are black; rubrics are written in red in the same script as the text, but in a smaller module; punctuated with the punctus; hyphenation is in the same ink as the text.
Gift of Victor O. Freeburt, 1953.
Script: written in a formal gothic bookhand (littera textualis formata).
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 788 x 560 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 485.3
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Spain--16th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Antiphonary (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information