Gradual (or Missal) (fragment).
- Gradual (or Missal) (fragment).
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Spain or Italy,
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a gradual or a missal containing the Common of Martyrs and rubric for the Common of a Martyr.
Decoration: musical notation in brown on 4-line staves in red; 1-line initials alternate red with brown penwork and blue with red penwork; the 1-line initial at the beginning of the rubric is a blue capital with red penwork, and the rubric is written in in a smaller version of the text script; words and syllables are divided by red horizontal strokes; punctuated with the punctus.
Gift of Dr. Morton J. Loeb, 1956; according to Dr. Loeb, the leaf is from a sixteenth-century Spanish manuscript "originally used by the Choristers of the Cathedral of Jaen in Southern Spain."
Script: written in a formal gothic bookhand (littera textualis formata).
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 711 x 500 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 485.4
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--Italy--15th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Spain--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Gradual (or Missal) (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information