- Antiphonary (fragment).
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of an antiphonary containing Saturday throughout the year, matins.
Decoration: on the recto there is a 4-line initial "C", in red and blue on a ground outlined in purple and decorated with purple foliage on red cross-hatching; 1-line initials at the beginning of the hymn and the psalm are red; rubrics written in red in the same script as the text; punctuated with the punctus and the comma; hyphenation is in the same ink as the text.
Gift of Dr. Morton J. Loeb, 1956.
Script: written in a formal gothic bookhand (littera textualis formata).
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 635 x 425 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 485.5
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Spain--16th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Antiphonary (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information