Luisa Miller : melodramma tragico in tre atti / sinfonia musica del Sigr. Mo. Giuseppe Verdi
- Luisa Miller : melodramma tragico in tre atti / sinfonia musica del Sigr. Mo. Giuseppe Verdi
- Alternative Title
- [Luisa Miller. German & Italian]
- Cammarano, Salvatore, 1801-1852 and Verdi, Guiseppe, 1813-1901
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1850]
- Score in two volumes, written in manuscript in the hands of several copyists, with text in Italian and German translation. Annotations on the title page of each act list performances in Italian cities, including Alba, 1882; Alessandria, 1851; Bari, 1877-1878; Bergamo, 1851 and 1885-1886; Brescia, 1887; Verdi's Busseto estate, 1890; Casale Monferrato, 1878; Fabriano, n.d.; Faenza, n.d.; Fano, 1877-1878; Fiume, n.d.; Genoa, 1850 and 1889; Gorizia, 1889; Mantua, 1878 and 1887; Milan, 1881; Padua, 1879-1880; Parma, n.d.; Pistoia, 1890; Reggio, 1851 and 1883; Riva, 1878; Rome, 1885 and n.d.; Rovigo, 1850; San Remo, 1880-1881; Turin, n.d.; Vercelli, 1851-1852; Vicenza, 1888; and Zara, 1852 and n.d.
Also listed in finding aid for General Collection Manuscript Music Miscellany.
Bound by a former owner. "D. Walter" stamped on each spine.
Opera with a libretto by Salvadore Cammarano, based on Friedrich von Schiller's play Kabale und Liebe, premiered at the Teatro di San Carlo, Naples, on December 8, 1849.
Purchased from Lisa Cox on the Edwin J. Beinecke Book Fund, 2001.
Stamps on title pages and throughout each act indicate that the score was rented through the Leipzig office of Verdi's publisher Ricordi, apparently during a German revival of the opera in the 1920s. Blank pages following each act are stamped 1929. Part of act two and missing fragments of a few other pages have been replaced by later copyists. Metronome markings, cuts, and other performance markings appear throughout the score. The title page of act one is signed by conductor Leopoldo Mugnone.
- 1 ms. score (2 v.) ; 34 cm.
- Call Number
- GEN MSS MUSIC MISC VOLUME 29-30
- Collection Title
- General Collection manuscript music miscellany
- Collection Date
- [ca. 1600-ongoing]
- Finding Aid
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Giuseppe Verdi, Luisa Miller. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record