Sapho : 2d tableau nouveau, 3me acte : [partition?] d'orchestre
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Sapho : 2d tableau nouveau, 3me acte : [partition?] d'orchestre
- Sapho : 2d tableau nouveau, 3me acte : [partition?] d'orchestre
- Massenet, Jules, 1842-1912
Bernède, Arthur, 1871-1937.
Cain, Henri, 1859-1937.
- Published / Created
Additional scene for act 3, composed for the 1909 revision, holograph, with printer's markings. Accompanied by a blank sheet of score paper with notes identifying the manuscript, numbered "308" on verso
Jules Massenet, French composer.
Opera, with text by Henri Cain and Arthur Bernède, after Alphonse Daudet. First performed 1897 (first version), 1909 (revision); published 1898? (vocal score), 1909? (full score).
Available on microfilm
Title from cover.
Pl. no.: H. & Cie. 18.814 (manuscript printer's marking).
- 1 ms. score (76 leaves) ; 40 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- GEN MSS VOL 974
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Name)
Daudet, Alphonse, 1840-1897
Massenet, Jules, 1842-1912.
- Subject (Topic)
Daudet, Alphonse, 1840-1897 > Musical settings
Massenet, Jules, 1842-1912
Composers > France > 19th century
Operas > Excerpts > Scores
France > 19th century
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Jules Massenet, Sapho, scene for act 3. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)