- Alternative Title
- Dati, Gregorio, 1362-1436 and Petrarca, Francesco, 1304-1374.
- Published / Created
- [between 1450 and 1500].
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on paper of Petrarch, Trionfi (ff. 1r-47r), and Dati, Sfera (48r-76r).
Binding: contemporary, blind-tolled calfskin over wooden boards, sewn on three double thongs. Both covers decorated with a frame and lozenge design. The remains of two brass clasps extant on the front cover.
Decoration: In art. 1, space reserved for, but unfilled with, headings between all trionfi; but each trionfo opens with a 3-line blue plain capital. Space similarly reserved for, but unfilled with, headings in art. 2; but also 2- or 3-line blue capitals.
Purchased in July 2001 from a private collector on the Edwin J. Beinecke Fund.
Script: copied by two hands both writing Humanistica Cursiva: A, ff. 1r-47r (art. 1); B, ff. 48r-76r (art. 2), in a smaller handwriting.
- ff. i + 77 + i paper 215 x 140 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 943
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Italy--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
Dati, Gregorio, 1362-1436.
Dati, Leonardo, d. 1425.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Francesco Petrarca, Trionfi. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information