L'Arbre des batailles, etc
- L'Arbre des batailles, etc
- Bonet, Honoré, fl. 1378-1398
- Published / Created
- ca. 1485
- Publication Place
- Manuscript of Honore Bonet, L'Arbre des Batailles. With Diego de Valera, Espejo de verdadera nobleza, translated into French by Hugues de Salve; and other treatises on arms.
Between folios 147r and 152r there are sixty-three painted armorial bearings, perhaps a later addition (s. XVI?) as indicated by the type of pigment, the occasional lack of correspondence with the original preparatory drawings, and the fact that some drawings were never overpainted.
Binding: s. xix; edges gilt; purple goatskin case with brilliant gold tooling and elaborate doublures.
Pages foliated in red, upper right recto.
Parchment; written in two columns of 33 lines, each with single vertical bounding lines; single horizontal bounding lines, top and bottom of written space, full across. Ruled in red ink.
Written in Bruges ca. 1485.
Written in formal batarde script; folios 7r-9r, also in formal batarde, but in a different hand.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 230
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- mixed material
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Topic)
Chivalry--Early works to 1800
Heraldry--Early works to 1800
Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Honore Bonet, L'Arbre des Batailles, etc. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. and Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, MS 230.
- Orbis Record
- More Information