Manipulus florum, etc
- Manipulus florum, etc
- Thomas, of Ireland, ca. 1265-ca. 1329
- Published / Created
- s. XV^^ [15th century]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on paper of 1) Excerpts (De prudentia, De fortitudine, De continentia, De iustitia) from Martin of Braga, Formula honestae vitae, a work often attributed incorrectly to Seneca. 2) Salomonis dicta; excerpts concerning wisdom, including quotes from Seneca, Book of Wisdom, etc. 3) Thomas of Ireland, Manipulus florum. 4) Excerpts from Petrarch, De remediis utriusque fortunae. 5) Isidore, Chronicon.
Binding: Nineteenth century. Quarter bound in brown, diced calf with a gold-tooled title on spine: "Miscellanea di Seneca, Petrarcha e d'altri". Orange, leather-grained paper sides. Rebacked.
Script: Written by a single scribe in various styles of italic script; heavy annotations by the scribe and later hands.
Several crude initials: f. 1r, 4-line gold initial on blue ground, infilled red, and 3-line red initial on gold ground; on f. 2r, 5-line red initial on blue ground; f. 72v, 4-line red initial on green ground with some flourishes and gold dots, infilled blue. Initials (2- and 1-line), names of authors (added in margins), paragraph marks and headings in pale red.
Watermarks: similar to Briquet Huchet 7693.
- ff. iv + 285 + iv : paper ; 215 x 145 (ca. 127 x 80) mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 380
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Thomas,--of Ireland,--ca. 1265-ca. 1329
- Subject (Topic)
Christian literature, Latin (Medieval and modern)
Didactic literature, Latin (Medieval and modern)
Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Philosophy--Early works to 1800
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, MS 380. and Thomas of Ireland, Manipulus Florum, etc. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information