Portraits, snapshots, negatives, and bust of Williams in Rutherford library
The digital version of this work is restricted due to copyright or other restrictions.
- Portraits, snapshots, negatives, and bust of Williams in Rutherford library
- From the Collection: Williams, William Carlos, 1883-1963
- Published / Created
- circa 1888-1960
- William Carlos Williams Papers contains material of mixed provenance acquired by gift or purchase from various sources, as indicated in this finding aid and on individual folders. The bulk of the papers were purchased from William Carlos Williams. In 1940 and 1941, Williams donated to Yale University Library a large group of little magazines that he intended to discard. Through 1953, Williams occasionally sent copies of his published works to complete the Yale Library's collection. In 1953, after having donated materials for over a decade, Williams stated that he was considering the future of his manuscripts and considered Yale an appropriate place for them. In 1955, purchasing negotiations were complete. Between 1969 and 1970, John Thirlwall gave the library papers given to him by Williams for Thirlwall's work on The Selected Letters of William Carlos Williams (see Series VIII, John Thirlwall Materials). Among the materials were letters that individuals lent to Williams upon his request to help Thirlwall publish the letters, but the originals were never intended to be lent to anyone other than Williams. Subsequently, individuals requested that Thirlwall return the letters, and these requests for the return of originals continued after their arrival at Yale. Yale returned the originals and retained photocopies., Nearly all of the photographs in this series were purchased on the Ezra Pound Archive Fund in April 1990 and June 2003. Some were donated by Eric Williams in 1986 and an inventory from William Eric Williams is filed at the end of the series.
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- YCAL MSS 116
- Search for Additional Digitized Material in This Collection
- Container / Volume
- Box 70, folder 1450-1456
Access And Usage Rights
- Yale Community Only
- Permission from New Directions Publishing is required to publish Williams materials in North America. Permission from Pollinger Ltd is required to publish in the UK. To learn more, contact the Curator, Yale Collection of American Literature
- William Carlos Williams Papers. Yale Collection of American Literature, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)