Regulae grammaticales, etc.
- Regulae grammaticales, etc.
- Guarino, Veronese, 1374-1460
- Published / Created
- [between 1425 and 1450]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on parchment of Guarino of Verona, 1) Regulae grammaticales. 2) De orthographia. 3) Carmina differentialia.
Binding: Nineteenth century (?). Rigid vellum case. Remains of a brick red label.
Bookplate of Thomas E. Marston; the date and source of acquisition unknown.
One illuminated initial of poor quality, f. 1r, 11-line, purple with white filigree on gold and blue ground; filled with a stylized flower red and green with white filigree, upper terminal extending into pen-and-ink inkspray with gold balls and a mauve flower in upper border; pen-and-ink flourish with gold balls, ending in a bird's head, mauve, green and blue. Plain initials and paragraph marks alternate in blue and red; headings in red. Arms of the Valaresso family of Venice in lower border (azure, 3 bars gemelles or); partially effaced arms of Cardinal Bessarion in outer margin (azure, a cross botonny gules, a chief or; crest, cardinal's hat and crozier).
Script: Written in humanistic bookhand, below top line; marginal annotations in humanistic cursive.
- ff. ii + 28 + ii : parchment ; 210 x 140 (136 x 86-89) mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Partially digitized
- Call Number
- Marston MS 286
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- mixed material
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Subject (Topic)
Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval
Language and languages--Orthography and spelling
Latin language, Medieval and modern--Grammar
Latin poetry, Medieval and modern
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Guarino da Verona, Regulae Grammaticales, etc. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. and Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Marston MS 286.
- Orbis Record
- More Information