Expositio In Marci Evangelium
- Expositio In Marci Evangelium
- Alternative Title
- Bedae Opera. VII. Siecle
- Bede, the Venerable, Saint, 673-735
- Published / Created
- s. IX^^med [mid 9th century]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on parchment (much worn; many natural flaws; trimmed).
Binding: Nineteenth century. Dark green goatskin; gold-tooled. Title on spine: "Bedae Opera. VII. Siecle".
Heading, f. 1v, square capitals and uncials, in orange. Initials, outlined in black, filled with orange and yellow, ff. 26v, 77v, 131v. Plain initials, black or red, some with modest scroll designs, at beginning of each segment of commentary.
Purchased by Sir Thomas Phillipps (no. 16249). Sold to H. P. Kraus from whom it was purchased in 1968 by Edwin J. Beinecke for the Beinecke Library.
Script: The commentary is written in a somewhat uneven early Carolingian minuscule; the Biblical passages for commentary are written in orange uncials, many of which have faded and are now illegible (some letters written over in brown ink by a later hand).
Upper portions of ff. 61, 68, 69 torn, loss of text; f. 132v extremely worn.
- ff. ii + 132 + ii : parchment ; 263 x 165 (202 x 144) mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 389
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Bede, Expositio In Marci Evangelium. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. and Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, MS 389.
- Orbis Record
- More Information