Os Lusiadas / de Luis de CamoeíÄs.
- Os Lusiadas / de Luis de CamoeíÄs.
- Alternative Title
- [Lusíadas] and Lvsiadas
- Camões, Luís de, 1524?-1580 and Gonçalves, Antonio, active 1568-1576
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Impressos em Lisboa, com licença da sancta Inquisição, & do Ordinario :
- Em casa de Antonio Go[n]çaluez impressor,
- This is the "E" edition, named from the seventh line of the first stanza which begins with the word "Entre". It may have been printed at a later date (1580-1584 is suggested in some bibliographies) as a pirated edition. On this title page, the pelican faces toward the reader's right; the 7th and 8th lines of the first stanza end with "edificaram" and "sublimaram" respectively. The edition considered to be the true first (1572) edition, called the "Ee" edition, has the seventh line of the first stanza beginning "E entre"; on that title page the pelican faces the reader's left; the 7th and 8th lines of the first stanza end with "edificarão" and "sublimarão" respectively.
Foliation errors: leaves 32, 108, 110, 114, 120, 121, 122 and 154 misnumbered 22, 118, 106, 104, 102, 117, 128 and 149 respectively.
Imperfect: slight damage or repairs on leaves , 1, 28, 38, 84, 115, 115-121, 136, and 186, with insignificant loss of text; some leaves loose. Has faded 16th century annotations.
Signatures: pi² A-Y⁸ Z¹⁰.
- , 186 leaves ; 19 cm. (4to)
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- "E" edition.
- Call Number
- 2004 506
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record