Biologia Centrali-Americana, or, Contributions to the knowledge of the fauna and flora of Mexico and Central America. Archaeology / by A.P. Maudslay ; appendix by J.T. Goodman ; edited by F. Ducane Godman and Osbert Salvin.
- Biologia Centrali-Americana, or, Contributions to the knowledge of the fauna and flora of Mexico and Central America. Archaeology / by A.P. Maudslay ; appendix by J.T. Goodman ; edited by F. Ducane Godman and Osbert Salvin.
- Alternative Title
- Archaeology, Biologia Centrali-Americana, Biologia Centrali-Americana., and Contributions to the knowledge of the fauna and flora of Mexico and Central America
- Goodman, J. T, Maudslay, Alfred Percival, 1850-1931, and Salvin, Osbert, 1835-1898
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- London :
- Published for the editors by R.H. Porter ... and Dulau & Co.,
Imperfect: text volumes wanting.
Lists of titles in this series, "Subjects in Progress" and "Subjects Completed," printed inside paper wrappers of each fascicle of text.
Plates include drawings by Ada Hunter and E. Lambert, lithographed by W. Greve, W. Griggs, Hanhart, and W. Purkiss. Maps by A.P.M. Sur[veyors], W. Shawe, F.R.G.S., and Turner & Shawe, London. Photographs by A.P.M. photo[graphers] and H.N. Sweet, printed by the Autotype Co.
Text and plates originally issued in XVII parts (or fascicles) each (a total of 34 parts), plus Appendix. Each part in its own printed paper wrappers (text) or boards (plates). Sequence of parts does not correspond to overall order of text or plates. Part XVII of text includes title pages and contents pages for text volumes 1 to 4 and title page for Appendix. Part XVII of plates includes title pages and contents for vols. 1 to 4 of plates.
Text printed on heavy laid paper. Some illustrations in text signed: Photogravure Goupil & Imp. Boussod-Valadon & Cie. [or] Goupilgravure, printed in Paris.
The 4 pts. of text vol. have imprint dates 1889-1902, 1899-1902, 1895-1902 and 1896-1902 respectively; appendix is dated 1897.
v. 1. Preface. Introduction. Copan -- v. 2. Map of Guatemala and adjoining countries. Quirigua. Ixkun. Yaxché. Rabinal. Chacujal. Utatlan and Iximché. Guatemala-Mixco (foundation-mounds). Menché -- v. 3. Map of Yucatan and the country to the south of it. Chichén Itzá. Tikál -- v. 4. Palenque -- Appendix: The archaic Maya inscriptions. Calendars.
- 4 v. : ill., ports. ; 33 cm. + atlas (4 v. : all ill., facsims., maps, plans, ports. (some col., some folded) ; 33 x 51 cm.)
- Extent of Digitization
- Partially digitized
- Call Number
- Folio 212
- Collection Title
- ... Archaeology. By A. P. Maudslay ...
- Collection/Other Creator
- Maudslay, Alfred Percival, 1850-1931
- Collection Created
- Collection Date
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- 158502, 158506 and Palau y Dulcet,
- Orbis Record