Letters to Sir Philip Sidney from various places on the continent, 1573-1581.
- Letters to Sir Philip Sidney from various places on the continent, 1573-1581.
- Published / Created
- June 1573 - June 1576, and 10 October 1581
- A collection of 65 letters written during the last two of Sidney's three years on the Continent and the first year after his return to England (June 1573-June 1576), plus another dated 10 October 1581. Authors include Jean Lobbetius (19 letters), Wolfgang Zindilini (12 letters), Andreas Paulus, Jean Vulcob, Matthew Wacker, Francis Perrot, Theophile de Banos, Zacharius Ursinus, Otto Count Solms, Fabian, Burgrave, Dr. Purkircher, Baron Slavata, and others., These letters were written during the last two of Sidney's three years on the continent and the first after his return to England, (June 1573 - June 1576) including one other dated 10 October 1581. The authors include Jean Lobbetius (19 letters), Wolfgang, and Written on paper in various sixteenth-century Continental cursive and italic scripts.
Bound for Phillipps in 1848 by Bretherton in morocco.
Ex libris Sir Thomas Phillipps (MS 11762). Purchased from Sotheby's on the James Marshall and Marie-Louise Osborn Fund, 1967.
- 1 vol. (113 ff.) ; 15-21 cm. x 20-32 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Osborn fa14
- Collection Title
- Letters to Sir Philip Sidney from various places on the continent
- Collection Date
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Letters to Sir Philip Sidney from Various Places on the Continent. James Marshall and Marie-Louise Osborn Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information