Jim Crow. and Mr. T. Rice as the original Jim Crow
- Jim Crow. and Mr. T. Rice as the original Jim Crow
- Alternative Title
- Come listen all you galls and boys I's jist from Tuckyhoe, Mr. T. Rice as the original Jim Crow., and Weel about and turn about and do jis so
- Rice, Tom, 1808-1860 and Rice, Tom, 1808-1860.
- Published / Created
- [between 1819 and 1831]
- Publication Place
- New York (29 Chatham St., New York)
- E. Riley
"[Jim Crow] was the invention of Thomas Dartmouth ('Daddy') Rice"--Series of old American songs / Brown University Library, no. 15.
"1819-1831. Riley, E., 29 Chatham St. [New York]"--Early American sheet music / Dichter & Shapiro, p. 226.
Cover illustration: lithograph of ragged Afro-American man with hand on hip and 2 cabins in background, with caption "Mr. T. Rice as the original Jim Crow."
For voice and piano.
From the collection of Paul Mellon.
Verses 1-4 printed on p. ; verses 5-44 printed on p. 
1 close score ( p.)
1 close score ( p.) ; 34 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- JWJ -V4 R357 J5643
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- notated music
- Resource Type
- Music (Printed & Manuscript)
- Subject (Name)
- Subject (Topic)
African Americans--Songs and music.
Minstrel music--United States
Minstrel music--United States.
Songs with piano.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record