[Letter to] Sir Richard Southwell
- [Letter to] Sir Richard Southwell
- Alternative Title
- ALS to Sir Richard Southwell and The severall Informations and Depositions taken before the Coroners Inquest the 11th and 18 of June 1685
- Dering, Charles, 1657-1719
- Published / Created
- 1685 Jun. 14
- Letter from Dering to his uncle describing a duel he fought with Captain Henry Goring over a visit paid by Dering to the actress Mrs. Barry (Elizabeth Barry, ca. 1658-1713). The duel took place on June 10, 1685, backstage after a play (probably the Dorset
- With: "The severall Informations and Depositions taken before the Coroners Inquest the 11th and 18 of June 1685." Manuscript, also in Dering's hand, of testimony given by several witnesses to the duel, including Mrs. Barry herself and the actors James Wil
1 L. (4 p.) of notes ; 28.5 cm.
1 letler: 2 L. (8 p.) ; 19.4 x 28.2 folded to 19.4 x 14 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- James Marshall and Marie-Louise Osborn Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record