Typus orarum maritimarum Guineae, Manicongo & Angolae ultra promontorium Bonae Spei ...
- Typus orarum maritimarum Guineae, Manicongo & Angolae ultra promontorium Bonae Spei ...
- Langren, Arnold Florent van, 1580-1644
- Published / Created
- Engraved map depicts part of the south and west edge of Africa and also the islands of Ascension and Saint Helena within a special border.
[Scale ca. 1:13,000,000].
Bound in following title page of the second book.
Map has been repaired with tape on verso.
Map has black line on verso in center.
Map has mirror image of brown marks on verso on bottom folded panels.
Map properly belongs to the Dutch edition of 1596.
41.5 x 54 cm. folded to 25.8 x 14.3 cm.
- Call Number
- Z3 017
- Collection Title
- ... Iohn Hvighen van Linschoten. his Discours of Voyages into ye Easte & West Indies. Deuided into foure Bookes
- Collection/Other Creator
- Linschoten, Jan Huygen van, 1563-1611
- Collection Created
- Printed at London by Iohn Wolfe Printer to ye Honorable Cittie of London 
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Maps in books
- Subject (Geographic)
Africa --Maps --Early works to 1800
Africa, West --Description and travel --Early works to 1800
Africa, West --Maps --Early works to 1800
Ascension Island (Atlantic Ocean) --Description and travel
Saint Helena --Description and travel
- Subject (Topic)
- Voyages and travels --Early works to 1800
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record