Vita sanctae matris nostrae Birgittae
- Vita sanctae matris nostrae Birgittae
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Denmark [?]
- Manuscript on paper (thick, coarse) of the Life of Saint Birgitta, in two books.
Belonged to comte Paul Riant (1836-88) whose Scandinavian library was presented to Yale by Mrs. Henry Farnam, in 1896.
Binding: Nineteenth century (?). Vellum case with stubs of two ties. Title, in ink, on spine and front cover: "Vita Sancta [sic] matris nostrae Birgittae". Red edges.
Folio 16 cut in half, with loss of text.
Hand-colored engraving of St. Birgitta, standing with open book in left hand and crucifix in right, pasted to f. 11v. Same engraving (but uncolored) of St. Birgitta pasted to f. 106v.
Script: Written in quasi-italic by a single scribe.
- ff. iii + 150 + iii : paper ; 99 x 76 (70 x 52) mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Partially digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 449
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, MS 449. and Vita Sanctae Matris Nostrae Birgittae. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information