A anne de Grauille de la succession de feu monsieur L'admiral
- A anne de Grauille de la succession de feu monsieur L'admiral
- Alternative Title
- De bello punico
- Bruni, Leonardo, 1369-1444 and Lebegue, Jean
- Published / Created
- [between 1450 and 1500]
- Publication Place
- Inscription along upper edge of f. iii verso indicates that Louis Malet de Graville, admiral de France (1441/50-1516) bequeathed the volume to his daughter Anne Malet de Graville. and Manuscript on paper of Leonardo Bruni, De bello punico, translated into French by Jean Lebegue; made, and presented in 1445, for Charles VII of France (1422-1461).
Belonged to Lucius Wilmerding; purchased at the sale of his estate by H. P. Kraus, who sold it in 1960 to Thomas E. Marston.
Binding: Sixteenth century, France. Olive green goatskin, roughly gold-tooled with the arms of Claude d'Urfe in the center and a monogram of his initial (C) with that of his wife, Jeanne de Balzac (I) in the corners, together with cornucopiae, caducei, laurel and flaming altars. Gilt edges. Corners repaired.
Red and blue divided initials, 5-line, on ff. 1r, 2v, 4v, and for major text divisions thereafter. 3- to 2-line plain red or blue initials throughout. Initials alternate red and blue for tables on ff. 1r-2v. Multi-line headings in red sharply indented toward right. Guideletters for illuminator.
Script: Written by a single scribe in an elegant batarde script that sits above the line, rather than on it.
Watermarks: closest to Briquet Armoiries-Trois fleurs de lis 1686.
- ff. ii + 76 : paper ; 285 x 193 (199 x 125) mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Partially digitized
French, Middle (ca.1400-1600)
- Call Number
- Marston MS 274
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
Leonardo Bruni, De Bello Punico. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Marston MS 274.
- Orbis Record
- More Information