Risālah fī ḥaqīqat al-Shayṭān wa-wujūdihi wa-waswasatih / [al-]Fanārī. -- .
- Risālah fī ḥaqīqat al-Shayṭān wa-wujūdihi wa-waswasatih / [al-]Fanārī. -- .
- Fanārī, Muḥammad ibn Ḥamzah, 1350 or 51-1430 or 31.
- Published / Created
- Copied about A.H. 931 (A.D. 1525)., Preceded by 1 leaf of notes., and Treatise on the nature of Satan, extracted from the author's Tafsīr al-Fātiḥah.
Islamic binding, in brown.
Leyden catalog does not give any citations from the work, but states that it is an extract from the Tafsīr al-Fātiḥah, a fact which Brockelmann does not mention.
No. 6 of 15 titles bound together.
Purchased from Captain Tekeş, Istanbul in February 1965 on the Beinecke fund.
Text in Arabic, notes in Arabic and Turkish.
The text is presumably identical with, or part of, the author's Risālah fī māhīyat al-shayāṭīn wa-al-jinn, likewise extracted from the Tafsīr al-Fātiḥah.
Title according to the first sentence of the treatise. On the top margin (leaf 137 recto): Tafsīr Fātiḥah li-mawlānā Fanārī.
- Leaves 136-142 ; 16 x 11 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Arabic MSS 550
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Brockelmann, II, 233-34; S II, p. 328. and Leyden catalog, 1690.
- Orbis Record