[Ḥawāshī ʻalá al-Kashshāf] / [Ibn Kamāl Pāshā]. -- .
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > [Ḥawāshī ʻalá al-Kashshāf] / [Ibn Kamāl Pāshā]. -- .
- [Ḥawāshī ʻalá al-Kashshāf] / [Ibn Kamāl Pāshā]. -- .
- Kemalpaşazade, 1468 or 1469-1534.
Zamakhsharī, Maḥmūd ibn ʻUmar, 1075-1144. Kashshāf ʻan ḥaqāʼiq al-tanzīl.
Zamakhsharī, Maḥmūd ibn ʻUmar,--1075-1144.--Kashshāf ʻan ḥaqāʼiq al-tanzīl.
- Published / Created
Copied about A.H. 931 (A.D. 1525).
Three notes on al-Kashshāf ʻan ḥaqāʼiq al-tanzīl (commentary on the Koran) of Maḥmūd al-Zamakhsharī.
Islamic binding, in brown.
No. 15 of 15 titles bound together.
Purchased from Captain Tekeş, Istanbul in February 1965 on the Beinecke fund.
The authorship is uncertain. The first note is dedicated to Selim I, who ascended the throne in 1512 (cf. Ibn Kamāl Pāshā's other tract in this volume, leaf 281 verso, which is dedicated to the same); hence the author could unlikely be al-Dawwānī (d. 1512 or 13). Ibn Kamāl Pāshā was mufti in Istanbul.
The third note is dedicated to an unnamed sultan, presumably again Selim I.
- Leaves 303-314 ; 16 x11 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Arabic MSS 550
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)