- Historia scholastica.
- Moulins, Guyart des, ca. 1251-ca. 1297 and Petrus, Comestor, 12th cent
- Published / Created
- s. XV ^^3 [15th century]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on parchment (trimmed) in two volumes of Petrus Comestor, Historia Scholastica, translated into French by Guyart des Moulins. Missing the beginning of Numbers (v. 1, one folio following f. 115), the beginning of 3 Kings (v. 1, one folio following f. 236), and part of Luke (v. 2, one folio following f. 260).
Binding: 1981. Bound in a brown, linen buckram case in the Yale Library Conservation Studio to replace an 18th century brown calf binding. One board of this binding retained in box.
Historiated initials (one column, 8-line), for the Seven Days of Creation
424 x 332 (267 x 184) mm.
ff. ii (paper) + 266 + ii (paper)
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 129
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Petrus,--Comestor,--12th cent
- Subject (Topic)
French literature--To 1500
Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Petrus Comestor, Historia Scholastica. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. and Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, MS 129.
- Orbis Record
- More Information