- Decameron (fragment).
- Boccaccio, Giovanni, 1313-1375.
- Published / Created
- approximately 1400.
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment, on parchment, containing parts of the text of Novella 8 and Novella 9 of the Second Day of Boccaccio's Decameron.
Layout: double columns of 43 lines.
Leaves were originally a conjoint bifolium, but were separated for later use in a binding, with some resultant staining and damage.
Script: early Italian humanist script.
- 1 bifolium (2 leaves) : parchment; 230 x 151 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 967
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--Italy--14th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Italy--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Boccaccio, Giovanni,--1313-1375.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Giovanni Boccaccio, Decameron (Fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information