Harangues et oraisons des anciens
- Harangues et oraisons des anciens
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1530]
- Publication Place
- Complete, with signature marks a-x in the centre lower margin of the rectos of the first half of each gathering, 40 lines written in brown ink in a semi-cursive bookhand between 2 verticals and 41 horizontals ruled in pink, justification: 244 x 135mm, one-line initials of liquid gold on grounds of red or blue, line-endings of similar colours, each 'Harangue' opening with a four- or five-line illuminated initial of gold and colours of varying forms, including architectural, foliate or zoomorphic staves, Full-page frontispiece miniature in architectural frame. 16th-century green velvet, brass pins and enamelled brass clasps with the arms of Franois II, duc de La Rochefoucauld and his wife Anne of Polignac, boards replaced by the Bibliothque nationale in Paris in 1879. From the library of Anne De Polignac. Original binding. and Manuscript of Harangues et oraisons des anciens. With fragments of 15th-century printed books from Angoulieve and related notes and letters.
- ff. ii + 165 + i ; 319 x 230 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
French, Middle (ca.1400-1600)
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 1042
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Harangues et Oraisons des Anciens. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information