- Devotional writings.
- Winter, Simon, d. 1448
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1500]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on paper. Includes passages from the Lay Folks' Catechism; The Virtues of the Mass; and Symon Wynter's Amplification of the Life of St. Jerome, drawn from the Legenda aurea and from the apocryphal correspondence between Sts. Cyril and Augustine, and supplemented with revelations of St. Birgitta. Also contains excerpts concerning the Virgin Mary and confession.
Binding: Nineteenth century. Brown calf, blind-tooled. Title, in gold, on spine: "Life of St. Jerome. M. S.". Remains of early place mark on f. 22.
Imperfect: portions of manuscript mutilated with significant loss of text. Edges frayed and upper portion of most leaves stained, with loss of text.
Script: Written primarily by a single scribe in Secretary script, with additions and corrections added in the 16th century.
Watermarks: unidentified bull's head, small in size, buried in gutter.
- ff. iii + 56 + ii : paper ; 215 x 145 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 317
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Jerome,--Saint,--d. 419 or 20
- Subject (Topic)
Confession--Early works to 1800
Devotional literature, English (Middle)
Exempla--Early works to 1800
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Devotional Writings. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. and Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, MS 317.
- Orbis Record
- More Information